Saturday 31 May 2008

This week has been...

flat out crazy busy! I have had an obsession with making birds and flower head bowls and am very excited to see what they'll all look like when they get out of the kiln. My new pieces for Casa Interiors are ready too and as soon as we have a bright day here they'll be photographed and taken down there. They are stoneware wall panels with lavender rolled into the surface and then glaze rubbed in for emphasis. I also made a matching planter, so the overall effect is simple but stylish. Or at least that's what I hope!

Inspired by this small blue leaf bowl, I have also been making some tiny leaf jewellery with melted glass. It's great to be able to recycle glass in this way- using recycled materials definitely feels good to me! I just love the juicy crystalline effect in the bottom of this dish, and think it will work well on a smaller scale. I've also been experimenting with the same glaze with a little turquoise added to give a Carribean warm ocean colour. With the glass added, and a porcelain clay body underneath... fingers crossed it will work well!
That is not to say that I don't love this glaze as it is though - the subtleties of the one pictured here make it one of my all time faves anyway!
Comments welcome...

No comments: