Sunday 10 November 2013

hot out of the kiln - new ceramics


What do you think of this little gingko leaf bird bowl in porcelain - sweet as a Christmas stocking stuffer gift or a sweet place to keep your rings safe by your bed or sink? I used a real gingko leaf for this one - I just love the shape of them. I gathered a few leaves earlier in the year from a friend's tree to use for this piece. Good job I did because the next time I visited him, they had all fallen off because they are deciduous!
And some new porcelain wall art - titled "Let's Fly Together" I always miss the swallows when they fly south for winter. It must be wonderful to migrate each year. Such tiny birds and they go such a long way! Ours go to Africa I believe. Good idea - it is freezing here now! I added the subtle texture of feathers to the surface of the smooth porcelain, and really like the effect. Because of the way these hang, they create a slight shadow on the wall too. I like the flexibility of artwork that can be arranged to suit a space.


No comments: