Sunday 3 November 2013

Time flies

Time certainly does fly.
And I have been away soooo long from my blog! Well people, I really do have a good reason. Unfortunately, earlier this year I got some pretty devastating health news, and was pretty much out of the game for a while there. Luckily, and thankfully, I appear to be making good progress now, and am looking forward to getting through the rest of this year, and hopefully having a much better 2014!
So during my enforced studio break, I worked a little at home on some new ideas and new designs. I recently learned to cut these ideas using a laser cutter, so the first of my new range is now in my shop. Here's a new one that I hope you will like, appropriately enough, my "Time Flies" clock, made from laser cut acrylic.



What do you think of my new material? A clock was one of the first functional objects I ever made, so it has been fun to revisit that idea.
I have also made a version of these as Christmas tree decorations, and plant markers so I hope you'll like those too!

2 comments:

Cinnamon Jewellery said...

The bird clock looks great! I'm glad things are looking better for you :D

Elizabeth Prince Ceramics said...

Thank you so much! x