Tuesday 17 March 2009

Flock

I've always had a love hate relationship with those seventies sets of three ducks. Well with seventies design in general I suppose. On the one hand, I absolutely love it, and on the other, it often seems incredibly naff. Anyone whose visited my shop or seen much of this blog will know about my love affair with birds, but the thing with the sets of three ducks was always that whilst I loved the concept, I hated the end product. And so I decided to take matters into my own hands... Check it out - a sneak preview of my flock!

The middle pic shows the ones I stamped into with organic circles and crosses. I might call them squadron... The lower picture type will be called flock, as they are imprinted with seventies style flock wallpaper. I am so excited about these, and since I took the picture they have been glazed and are now cooking in the kiln... Fingers crossed that they come out well! They'll have two fixings on the back, so that they can be angled to suit. I might do these as a made to order too, as I was thinking that it would be nice for people to be able to choose from the sizes, and have the number they want in the colour/s they want too. Hmmm... food for thought. As always, your comments are welcome!

No comments: