Wednesday 14 April 2010

It's wedding season...

and I recently had the pleasure of meeting a lovely lady called Debbie, from who makes absolutely exquisite, sculptural wedding bouquets, corsages and button holes from vintage jewellery, silver wire and other found objects. Here is a detail of one of her bouquets...

The amount of work that must have gone into such an intricate piece is breathtaking!
You can visit her etsy shop here. Having seen her work in the flesh, I can honestly say that the photographs do not do her work justice. There was a delicate sculptural elegance to every piece I saw, and I hope she can find a way to truly capture that in a photograph.
We discussed working together and the possibility of my making some components for some of her pieces, and it was great to experiment with the idea. Here's a little glimpse of a couple of experiments I made with that in mind.



I love the delicate effect of the porcelain on these lilies, and they were great fun to make too.

No comments: